Saturday, April 16, 2011

Subway: 04/16/2011

A lot of grocery stores or fast food restaurants have a code on the receipt that tell you to call a number or go online to take a survey to enter to win a contest or get a free item.  For example, Subway's receipts tell you to go online to take a survey and get a free cookie.  I always ignore it.  But for some reason a few weeks ago I decided to see how long the survey was.  It turns out that it was less than a minute and now I get a free cookie on my next visit.

Speaking of Subway, I have had today's date marked on my calendar for at least a month now.  Because today Subway is doing a Buy One Foot Long, Get One Foot Long Free!

So I went to Subway to do that today.  I knew it would be crowded, but when I got there it was crazy!  Granted, going at 12:30pm was a poor decision.  But still, there was no spots in the parking lot, and a line out the door.  But I wasn't angry because I had anticipated it.

So after about a 30-45 minute wait, here was my outcome:



  • 2 Foot Long Subs: $6.00 each, Total: $12.00
  • 1 Cookie: $0.49
Total Before Tax: $12.49


MY TOTAL Before Tax: $6.00 


Yay!  I saved $6.49 :)



Sorry, I didn't take a picture...But everyone knows what a sub and a cookie look like, so I didn't think it was necessary.  

No comments:

Post a Comment