Saturday, April 16, 2011

Price Chopper: 04/16/2011

I think I still have a lot to learn.  I have only been doing this really for a week.  But I know I have a lot to learn still.  Especially because I have now been making multiple grocery trips.  We used to only go once a week, and the occasional during the week for emergency items.  But now I seem to make a couple "couponing trips" and then another trip for whatever other items we need for the week that weren't part of my coupon/sale items.  I need to absolutely figure out how to incorporate that all into one trip.  I need to sit down and make a list of everything we need and try to find coupons for those items.  Like I said, I still have a lot to learn...


I had my Price Chopper trip for today all mapped out. (Which was good, because the cashier didn't ring up one of my $1off coupons, and I might not have noticed it if I hadn't already done the math and saw that the total was $1 more than it should have been.  By coincidence a manager was walking by, told him he didn't ring up a coupon, he insisted he did, but then I insisted he didn't because I knew what the total was supposed to be.  So then he took the $1 off.)
Originally there were two sale items that I was excited about going to buy.  But then as I saw what else I needed to buy, my total grew larger than I wanted it to, so I nixed those two things.  One was that Price Chopper had Marzetti Salad Dressings BOGO.  So at $3.99 each it would normally cost $7.98 for two, but would just be $3.99 for two and I had a $1 off coupon.  So it would have only been $2.99 for two...But since I usually make my own salad dressing, I decided against getting them to save money.

The other item I was originally excited about getting was Land O'Lakes Margarine.  It is normally $2.49 a pack but Price Chopper was doing a BOGO on that and I had a $1 off coupon.  So instead of $4.98 for two boxes I would have gotten two boxes for $1.49.  But I talked myself out of that deal too.


So here is what I did get:



Actual Prices:


  • 2 Bags of Dole Lettuce: $3.99 each (Total: $7.98)
  • 2 Boxes of Ronzoni Quick Cook Pasta: $1.49 each (Total: $2.98)
  • 2 Boxes of Ronzoni Smart Taste Pasta: $1.59 each (Total: $3.18)
  • 2 Packages of Texas Toast Croutons: $1.99 each (Total: $3.98)
  • 2 Packages of Marzetti Croutons: $1.99 each (Total: $3.98)
  • 4 Cans of Hunt's Crushed Tomatoes: $1.99 each (Total: $7.96)
  • 1 Container of Almond Breeze Milk: $3.49
  • 3 Cans of Price Chopper Brand Diced Beets: $0.69 each (Total $2.07) 

Total: $35.62



My Prices:
  • 2 Bags of Dole Lettuce: $7.98 - BOGO($3.99) = $3.99
  • 2 Boxes of Ronzoni Quick Cook Pasta: $2.98 - BOGO($1.49) = $1.49 - $1 Coupon = $0.49
  • 2 Boxes of Ronzoni Smart Taste Pasta: $3.18 - BOGO($1.59) = $1.59 - $1 Coupon = $0.59
  • 2 Packages of Texas Toast Croutons: $3.98 - BOGO($1.99) = $1.99
  • 2 Packages of Marzetti Croutons: $3.98 BOGO($1.99) $1.99
  • 4 Cans of Hunt's Crushed Tomatoes: $7.96 - BOGO($1.99) = $5.97 - BOGO(1.99) = $3.98 - $1 Coupon = $2.98
  • 1 Container of Almond Breeze Milk: $3.49 - $0.49 Sale = $3.00 - $0.55 Coupon = $2.45
  • 3 Cans of Price Chopper Brand Diced Beets: $2.07 - $0.50 Coupon = $1.57

My Total: $16.05






So I was kind of mad at myself...Because spending almost $20 just doesn't seem like I did something right.  Especially when everything was either on sale, or Buy One Get One Free, or I had a coupon.


But when you look at the fact that I DID save $19.57, I guess that's not too bad.


Oh, but one thing that sucks...When I got home I found a $1 off coupon for the Almond Breeze Milk that I could have stacked with the $0.55 coupon.  So my milk could have cost me $1.45 instead of $2.45.  Kinda pissed about it, but what can you do about it now?  

Unfortunately, I am sure that for the next few hours I will be repeating to myself that I could have spent only $15.05 and saved $20.57...


No comments:

Post a Comment