Tuesday, April 19, 2011

All You Magazine...To Subscribe or Not To Subscribe?

Every Couponing Blog I read constantly mentions how wonderful the magazine All You Magazine is.  I had never heard of it before.  But apparently each month it has a TON of coupons in it.  So many that the magazine pays for itself.  I have been hesitant on ordering it, since I am trying to stick with only using coupons that I get for free.

But when you subscribe for the full year, it comes to $1.66 or $1.67 an issue...Or even $1.42 an issue when you buy 2 full years. And if you are going to use the coupons each month to save over $2, then the magazine kind of pays for itself.  I presume you would save way over $2/Month with these coupons at least.

So while contemplating whether or not I want to order this magazine, I had an idea.  I have been collecting the points off of the caps of Coke products for years on My Coke Rewards.  And I normally never know what to cash the points in for, so I usually always just use them to get subscriptions to magazines.  Now note the fact that most of these Coke points are never from anything I buy, they are usually ones I take from friends who have purchased a Coke product but are not collecting the rewards points for themselves.  Thus resulting in whatever I cash them in for to be absolutely free to me.

Which brings us to the wonderful idea I had.  What if I could cash them in for a subscription to All You Magazine?  I have enough points to even subscribe to the magazine twice, and get double the amount of coupons for FREE!

Sadly, I just checked MCR's site, and that magazine is not one of the options.  :(

I am really disappointed.  Because I got really excited thinking about at least getting one year of that magazine and all of the coupons for free.


So the other thing I am wondering is, how much does this magazine cost per issue from a store?  Because a lot of websites list the coupons that each month's issues have in it.  So I am wondering if I just wait until the list comes out, see if there are any coupons I need, and then go to the store and pay per issue.  That way I won't be paying for issues that might not have any coupons in it that I need.  But it also depends on how much the magazine will cost.  If it seems that there are always good coupons in it, and I end up buying it monthly at the store anyway, then it is probably cheaper in the long run to just order a subscription.


I guess I need to think about this some more...

No comments:

Post a Comment