Thursday, April 21, 2011

~*~*Groupon - 4/21/2011: $20 for a $40 General Mills Sampler Pack, Coupon Book*~*~

Today's Groupon deal is for a General Mills Sampler Pack & Coupon Book...Supposedly a $40 value...For only $20 (Including the cost of shipping it all to your house).

According to the site:

"Today's sampler pack arrives at the doorstep stuffed with the following delectable edibles:
  • 12.8 ounce Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
  • 13 ounce Reese's Puffs cereal
  • 12 ounce Kix cereal
  • 12.8 ounce Cascadian Farms Organic cereal
  • 5.8 ounce Fiber One 90-Calorie Chewy Bars
  • 5.8 ounce Hamburger Helper
  • 11 ounce Green Giant Corn Niblets
  • 9.5 ounce Old El Paso Tortilla Stuffers
  • 5 ounce Fruit Roll-Ups
  • 10.5 ounce Chex Mix Muddy Buddies snack mix
  • 17.5 ounce Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix
  • 13.7 ounce Wanchai Ferry Orange Chicken dinner kit"

And then of course you get coupons too.  










It seems like a tempting deal.   But I am still trying to stick with only using free coupons for now.  Granted, I don't know how much longer I will be sticking with that rule.  But for now, I will probably pass on this offer.  But I definitely thought it was worth sharing with others! :)

If you want to buy it, you need to hurry because it says that there is a limited quantity and over 2,000 were already sold!  Also, there is only 16 hours left to purchase it!  Soooooo tempting!!





I broke it down to try to justify the cost...

So you are getting 12 sample-sized items...That are probably the sizes of normal free samples.  But say you are just paying the $20 for those 12 items.  So $20/12 = ~ $1.67 an item.  So if you want to look at it like you're paying $1.67 for each sample size item, and then all of the money saving coupons you get (I don't know how much they add up to) are FREE...Then you use your free coupons to save money off of future grocery purchases.

The other way to look at is that you are purchasing the coupons for $20...In the hopes that you use every single one and it saves you OVER $20 on future grocery bills...And then all of the sample sized items are FREE!


If I knew how many coupons you were getting I could add that to the 12 items and divide again to see the cost...But oh well.  I guess you get the idea.  Presumably the items you are getting samples of is my guess as to what coupons they are sending you...So I guess if you know that you plan on purchasing those items in the future, of if your store frequently has them on sale, then I'd say go for it.  But I think I am going to hold off for now.




EDIT:  The more I thought about it, the more I'm thinking that maybe these are full sized items that they are sending you, NOT sample-sized.  I really didn't pay attention to the sizes listed above earlier...So if these are the normal sized items, then getting them for around $1.67 each is probably worth it, PLUS the coupons you will get to save on future purchases.  It is a give and take though...For example a single Fiber 1 cereal bar is probably less than $1.67, but a single package of Wanchai Ferry is probably more than $1.67.  So it probably does even out.

It might not be worth it for me, because those really aren't items I purchase.  If they were, then getting them at a discounted rate and mailed to your door, does seem like a good deal.  Plus the coupons off of future purchases of (presumably) those items.

So to reiterate...Those might be regular sized items and NOT sample sizes...And if those are items you frequently buy, you probably should take them up on this offer.
I am probably going to pass on it, but it is ABSOLUTELY TEMPTING!!



EDIT #2:  It has been confirmed what coupons are included in the coupon book:


  • $1 off 2 Nature Valley Granola Bars
  • $1 off 2 Chex Mix Snack Mix
  • $1 off 1 Bisquick
  • $1 off 2 Betty Crocker Supreme Brownies or Bars
  • $1 off 3 Pillsbury Refrigerated Baked Goods
  • $1 off 2 Pillsbury Frozen Baked Goods (ex-Savorings)
  • $1 off 2 Suddenly Salad
  • $1 off 2 Old El Paso
  • $1 off 3 Hamburger Helper
  • $1 off 8 Yoplait Yogurt Cups
  • $1 off 2 GoGurt, Trix or Splitz Yogurt
  • $1 off 2 Cheerios
  • $1 off 2 Adult Cereals
  • $1 off 2 Kids Cereals
  • $1 off 1 Kix Cereal





EDIT #3:  I just went to the website to check on how many were sold and how much time is left...And the deal is SOLD OUT!!  So I hope that everyone who wanted one got one!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment